Little Me :)
I just relived four years in less than an hour, and I've been given a new perspective. <3 A while back, I started the project of making recap videos for every year of my life - showing pictures, videos, and basically just telling my story in an easy way. I've completed 2011 through this far of 2014, and tonight I decided to sit down and watch them. Here's my lesson learned.
As we live day to day, it's hard to see the progress we're truly making in the long run. We make mistakes, we have success, but it all adds up to something bigger. Every day is just a piece of the puzzle, and when the pieces are in place and you can step back to look at them, it's a beautiful picture.
Looking back at the last four years, I realize that I may be struggling, but that it's been worse. And all in all, life has treated me very, very well. :) Sure, I've had some crazy trials, but each one was a defining moment. I've learned. I've grown. I've moved on. And I know that it's the same for all of you.
Whether you write journals or keep a blog or make recap slideshows, if you keep a record of your life, you'll be grateful for it later. And if you don't, well, this is me bugging you to start. Because I'm passionate about that and I'll just keep reminding you. ;)
Sometimes we get stuck in a rut. If you're in one now, take a minute to step back and look at the big picture. Imagine yourself in past years - your childhood, your youth, somewhere a ways back - and notice how you've changed since then.
What have you learned? How have you been blessed? Have you been able to keep a smile on your face?
Maybe, for some, it seems like life's only gotten worse ... but it has to do that before it gets better. And in the end, it will be better. Because life is a gift. Our time here on earth is a gift. And until we reach the other side, we may never fully realize what it's done for us ... but I promise you, it's a blessing. :)
You're here for a reason. God loves you. He won't let you down. He has a plan for each and every one of us, and even when we don't understand it, it is a good plan. May He bless and keep you all. <3
Love,
Bonnie Gwyn

We all like to complain that life just speeds by, but it still moves slowly enough that it's hard to notice the change we experience over time. It's good to find ways to leave little reminders to our future selves of what our lives were like so we can notice the growth more easily.
ReplyDelete