N is for Northern Idaho
Sometimes I think that redneck is the only word for it. Haha I've heard a variety of stories, but my all time favorite is about a very ... creative, family. Instead of using a normal septic tank, they buried a vehicle in its place. When that had reached its capacity, they replaced it with a bus. Haha! Unbelievable, really. Hilarious people.
When pouring cement, we once titled the project Redneck Family Home Evening. We're likely not the only ones who think that way!
I don't think I've even been into Northern Idaho, though I visited Southern quite a bit.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of a Redneck FHE though. Do you think 3yo is too young to pour concrete?
I grew up in Southern - not sure which I like better!
DeleteAs for pouring concrete, that's definitely too young. Haha It's hard on the skin, and really bad if you get it in your eyes. Burns aren't fun. But, never too young to watch!
Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteI thought the same thing as I grew up in a very small town with one traffic light;there had to be a world outside...
And there is, for sure!
DeleteI've not been to Idaho at all (hoping to cross it off the list soon) but this sounds a lot like where I grew up! Thanks for a late night giggle.
ReplyDeleteOh, you surely must. It's a beautiful place.
DeleteYou're welcome! Thanks for stopping by. :)