Thursday, April 3, 2014
C is for Can (You *Can* Do This!)
See that little "C" guy in there? Yeah, he's small, but guess what? He has a big heart. And he can do anything he wants to, if he sets his mind to it and has a good attitude. Just like you.
Yes, I just made an analogy about a noodle. Yes, that noodle has feelings. And yes, you should most certainly question my sanity. ;) But seriously. You can do it. Whatever it is. God didn't put us here without gifts, talents, and ways to move forward. If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. Of course, we can't do it all on our own. We need Him. But if He is a part of our lives, and we're headed in a direction that He supports, we'll be okay. Even though, lots of times, we forget that.
Do you remember the children's story, The Little Engine That Could? Well just like that engine, we need to have faith in ourselves. So as you hit bumps in the road and face steep hills, repeat to yourself: "I think I can. I think I can." And pretty soon, it will turn into, "I know I can." And then, at the top of the hill you'll say, "I did it!" And won't that be a wonderful feeling?
So don't give up. I know you can do it.
Bonnie Gwyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love alphabet soup, and I love your post. My fool co-admins thought it would be a good idea to do the A to Z on five of our blogs, in fact two of the blogs were created specifically for the purpose. They're the ones whose sanity I question!
ReplyDeleteNice to virtually meet you. :-)
Life throws a lot at you, but you have to keep pushing to find happiness. Great post.
ReplyDeleteBrandon Ax: Writer's Storm
Ha! Cute post. Thanks for the peptalk. I needed it today. Nice to stumble upon it while making my A to Z rounds. :-) Good luck with the A to Z--and have a nice day :-)
ReplyDeleteSometimes we hold ourselves back thinking that we can't. It's great when you figure out that believing you can is half the battle. Nice post!
ReplyDeleteAlso knowing I can finish the A to Z Challenge at LittleCely's Blog.
Love your easy breezy style of writing. Am sharing the A to Z challenge but teaching takes precedence over the camp at this time of year.
ReplyDeleteI no longer 'think I can', I know that I can. But I question whether God is really helping me through it. I believe, I trust and I pray. But I question!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder of The Little Engine That Could. It's something we need to remind ourselves of often.
ReplyDeleteCAN,CAN,CAN! So simple yet so brilliant and inspires THANKS!!!! #a2zchallenge great to connect ! I am #1547 http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteyes we really can. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMoondustwriter
I'm not questioning your sanity at all, I love that the little C has a big heart ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the positivity and encouragement in this post!
Dear Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog. I am so glad to meet such an accomplished young person. I appreciate the testimony you bear in your posts and sidebar. I can tell that you are a daughter of our Heavenly Father who loves you, and you love him. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Grammy Staffy
ps. Is your book sold at Deseret Books? How can I get one?
Thank you. :) I do love Him - always and forever. <3 If you click my book cover on my sidebar, that will take you to Amazon where you can buy an eBook. I haven't gotten them printed yet. :)
DeleteHugs! <3
I love the soup analogy because soup is very simple and being able to get something done is actually very simple, too. But you have to take it one step (or bite) at a time. If you want to make it even easier, just take a smaller bite. In fact, if you have to just eat one letter at a time, start then. Then you'll get the whole soup done ... even if it takes a while. ;-) Great post!
ReplyDeleteVisiting via A to Z from passthesourcream.com