Imagine by Bonnie Gwyn
Imagine us in years long gone,
Imagine what we'd do.
Imagine that I was still young me,
And you were still young you.
Imagine I took a different road,
Imagine you did too.
Where would I be without you, now?
Without all we've been through?
Imagine we never felt the love,
And all the pain as well.
If my heart would have a keeper,
The past would never tell.
We may not be together now,
But still I love you true.
And I thank you for letting me into your world.
I'm better for having loved you.
I've been thinking a lot lately about my life before I moved to the woods, and what would have happened if I'd stayed in Utah. And when it comes right down to it, the mere idea of not coming here breaks my heart. I've had so many great experiences, and I've met many life-changing people. <3 I really can't picture what life would be like otherwise ... or, well, maybe I'm scared to. But I know I was meant to be here for a reason. I know I was meant to breathe this air, and walk the footsteps that I have. I know I was meant to love the people I have.
My motto used to be, Love with no regrets. I think, in many ways, I still agree with it. Last year, during the A-Z Challenge, I wrote a blog post called Hearts - about romance and why we go through it, even though it hurts. I still stand by this saying: "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
I'm grateful for what I've been through. I'm grateful that God put me on this path, and that I've had the chance to be in the lives of such great people. I'm grateful for all of you, and how you've helped me on my way. I don't know what the future will bring. I don't know how many more worlds I'll be a part of. And that's okay. I'm learning to love my past, and my future as well. I know God will take care of me, no matter what happens. :) And He will do the same for you! As Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminded in conference: “We can choose to be grateful, no matter what."
Bonnie Gwyn

What a sad beautiful poem...sigh...
ReplyDeleteI second the "living with no regrets" motto ;)