Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for Dare, Dream, Do!


For those of you here in the Newport, WA area, tonight marks the start of another awesome show - Northwoods Unleashed! :) Northwoods, a local choir, is truly one big family - and Unleashed gives us all a chance to step up and take the stage. We have a great assortment of music, comedy, and - with a debuting show choir - a little dancing. I'm part of that choir, and I'm also doing a duet with a great friend of mine. :) So it's exciting! But ... it's also a little scary. Because going after what you love is always scary. We had dress rehearsal tonight, and I was pretty nervous! But when I got on stage, I just looked out at the black beyond the lights and realized ... that's a place I've always loved to be. So my words for today are ...

Dare, Dream, Do.

Dare to dream, and dare to act on your passions. Dare to do. Did you start writing a book and drop it halfway through? Pick it back up. Did you once imagine yourself on Broadway? Take voice lessons. Have you always wanted to climb a tall mountain? Train. Believe. Do.

It's as simple as putting your mind where you want it. Whatever your dream is - dare to make it happen. Even if it's scary. Even if you're on a stage and not hiding anymore. Even if you're in the lights and can see nothing in front of you. We can't always see the big picture. We can't always know what's coming. But we can be prepared, and we can have faith.

Often the most life-changing step is the step into the unknown.

Bonnie Gwyn <3

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great event.
    I love that you encourage others to chase their dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going after what you love is for sure scary. It is the fear that we might fail at it. Glad you are out there pursuing yours.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three simple words with the weight of the world on them. It's scary to pursue our dreams for sure, but daring to do it, sure is worth it! Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring post. Good luck for tonight. You're absolutely right, we all need to dare to follow our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advise. Good choice for D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often think we don't have a shortage of dreams. We have a shortage of people daring to do what it takes to make their dreams come true. #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uplifting post, Bonnie. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete