Saturday, April 19, 2014
Q is for Quota
This is me admitting that I'm not perfect. ;) No, really. I've inserted a picture of me with a bedhead to prove my point. ;)
Life has been so crazy and full lately, I haven't been able to function for more than a day at a time. And really, I guess that's all that matters - that I make it through each day. :) But as I was searching for a "Q" word that would express this, all I could think of was this simple confession: I've reached my quota. In other words, I think it's about time to slow down, or else I may run myself over - if that's possible. ;)
I've always had this tendency to want to do everything, be good at everything, be a part of everything. It's hard to tell myself, It's okay - leave it alone for a while. It won't run away. And if it does, you don't need it anyway.
I need that reminder right now. :) I'm loving having show choirs and music back in my life, but I'm grateful April is over halfway through, because doing that alongside writing is getting tough. :) Luckily I know one thing for sure: if I can just turn this all over to the Lord, I'll be alright.
We'll all be alright - if we allow it. We just have to desire peace, and that's what I need - what we all need: Peace. <3 Some may call it old fashioned, or say that the world is progressing too quickly to stop, but you know what? I think every work of greatness deserves a break here and there - no matter what it is. :) When I was little, my parents used to tell me to relax, and I'd be horrified at the thought. "I'd never relax on purpose!" I'd cry. I remember waking up early one Christmas morning to write, and finding a note from my father - in which he encouraged me to relax and take a day off. Needless to say, I've gotten better, but I'm still working on finding the balance. :) I suppose that's a constant work-in-progress for everyone!
So relax, my friends. :) Even if three deep breaths is all you take, give yourself that much. You deserve it. Really, you do. Just breathe, let a wave of light wash over you, and remember that the Lord is always there. He is ready to help us carry our load. In truth, He already carried it 2,000 years ago. Now we just have to be His in return. So simple, yet so hard - as are many of the vital things in this life. :)
God bless!!
Bonnie Gwyn <3
I used 'Relaxing' as my R post in 2012 as well. :)
Labels:
A-Z 2014,
Blog Hop/Blogfest,
Family,
Funny Moments,
Hurdles,
Life,
Photos,
Spiritual,
Stories,
Writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I still think you're perfect.
ReplyDeleteTurning things over to God and letting go can be so hard. Glad you're able to do that. Have a beautiful, relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteElsie
AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge
Nice post. So true that every now and then we need to stop and smell the roses.
ReplyDeleteDropping by from AtoZ
Suzy at Someday Somewhere
We seem to be sisters in the Lord, which is awesome. I'm not Mormon, I'm just a non-denominational Christian seeking to serve and spread the gospel. Your church is really good at that :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, relaxing, letting go, one day at a time, that's the lesson that's been mine for a while now. Maybe once I learn it, He won't keep testing me...
Great, great post.
New follower.
Tina @ Life is Good
A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
OK, tried to be a new follower, but google hates me today...I'll be back.
ReplyDeleteTina @ Life is Good
A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
Thanks for the reminder to take a few deep breaths. I feel better! Have a great week :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely post. Thanks.
ReplyDeletevisiting from A to Z Drusilla