First off, H is for a HUGE thank you to all of you who have read and commented on my blog. :) I love hearing that I'm able to inspire you, and help you know more about my faith. I've been blown away by the feelings of togetherness here in this world, instead of fighting over things like opinions or religion. It warms my heart that you know, just as I do, that we're in this together no matter who we are. God loves everyone equally. I could be a frog and you could be a dog and we'd still be His, and together in His purposes. ;)
Now, on to horseshoes. :)
For my nephew's 12th birthday (crazy he's so old!), we got out my grandpa's set of horseshoes, and I couldn't believe how strongly I felt him with us. :)
My uncle and Grandpa pitching the same horseshoes :)
I love how family ties can bind us forever, and how little things can bring such great memories. I was too young to ever pitch with Grandpa, but I did with my dad when we later took care of my Granny. I miss both of my grandparents a great deal, but I know that - especially when doing things they loved - they're very much with us. <3
Make today a great day! :)
Bonnie Gwyn


This makes me smile. I've played horseshoes with Grandpa, and I loved that he wouldn't just let me win because I was a kid. He helped me, he wanted me to get better, but he never threw the game. I loved him for challenging me and treating me like I was important. I feel like it was that way because I was important to him. He just had that ability to make you feel great about yourself. Dang, I love him. Always!
ReplyDeleteI know that to be true. Aren't we blessed to know there is life after death and families are forever. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteI believe they are with you too. (BTW, in-re your hypothetical example--can I be a dog?
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of doing something that reminds you of your grandparents. I have a certain cookie recipe that I make with my grandmother in mind. :)
ReplyDeleteI remember playing horseshoes with my Poppa. I never was good at it, but we had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI've never played horseshoe, but I've watched my dad and brother play it. :)
ReplyDelete