Our performance last night :)
Before we performed, there was so much energy backstage - as we all waited impatiently to greet the crowd. It was the great kind of energy that leaves you nervous and exhilarated at the same time. :) And when we stood on stage ... oh, yes, I've missed that feeling. <3 The joy of music. The fun of dancing. And the knowledge that, truly, We're all in this together.
It was thrilling when, after so many practices, we finally all stepped in the right direction and felt the same beat. I've never done much dancing, so being in coordination with a group of people has really kept me on my toes. :) In a good way! So much energy. So much learning. So much awesomeness. You can watch a video of our first performance here. :) And the video of my duet with Ilea is here!
I know I've talked about eternity before, but I also wanted to share another thought. I was talking to an old friend the other day, and he was on his way to the temple. I said something along the lines of, "There are so many wonderful things that happen there." And he answered, "Everything that lasts." That really hit me in the heart, because he's right. The things that last are eternal, and eternity is made possible through the temple - and, of course, the Atonement of Jesus Christ. :) I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life, and to know of the wonders that happen in God's house. <3 Through Him and the temple, I'm sealed to my family forever - and that includes my future family as well, because my greatest goal is to someday have a temple marriage.
Logan, UT Temple <3
I have a testimony of the temple. I love it more than words can express. I love this gospel, and I love my Father in Heaven. I know He loves all of us as well. :) I'm so excited for General Conference today and tomorrow. I look forward to it always - for the wonderful messages and the pure Spirit. I encourage you all to watch it, be you Mormon or not. You'll likely find something you need to hear. :) (Click here to watch! It starts at 10:00 AM - MDT.)
Really, this all just comes down to the simple testimony you find in my blog title: I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it. But those few words barely scratch the surface. I'm a believer. I forever will be. I hope the same for you. :)
God bless. :) <3
Bonnie Gwyn

Beautiful post! The performance looks lively and energetic! I'm Catholic, but I love going to Mass as well because it's like a little glimpse into eternity.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for you. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate you visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Gwyn,
ReplyDeleteI just love you and I only just met you in blogland. I love your testimony. I love your insight. You are so young and yet have great knowledge. My husband and I are blessed to be temple workers in the Redlands temple. Working in that holy house blesses our lives in more ways than I can count. The gospel is true. The temple ordinances are eternal. Wasn't conference great today! I even watched the priesthood session on TV this evening. I look forward to watching tomorrows sessions. I know that we will be watching it together. I'm going to stop blogging and go watch your performance now. Hugs, Grammy Lura