Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for the Games

G is for the Games
You know, as in, the Hunger Games.

Today, I finally made it to the Hunger Games. I'll keep this short and say that I liked it much more than I liked the book. The actors were fantastic, and they really portrayed the characters. I felt them - especially the relationship between Katniss and Rue.

I admit that the idea of the Games is quite disturbing, but maybe that's what makes it a good story. It's a new world; and in it, things that weren't possible before are suddenly a fictional reality. Makes you think, doesn't it?

I hear there's a Peeta VS Gale debate, and - for the record - I'm pretty torn. But, in the end, I'd side with Peeta.
Have a good night, everyone! And Happy Easter.
Bonnie Gwyn

11 comments:

  1. I so want to see Hunger Games. I'm not sure if it's gonna be here in Abu Dhabi, though. Sometimes, they don't show the same movie, or it comes later than it does in the US. I think I heard someone mentioning it being here. I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I read many reviews on blogs about Hunger Games and then finally watched it. I was disappointed with it. But knowing how films and books are usually quite different, I asked around about the books. I had planned to read the first one beginning this month, but now I don't know. You don't like the book as do many others. Maybe I'll just move on and forget the entire topic of Hunger Games. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha If you can avoid the hype, all power to you!

      Delete
  3. Generally one to avoid 'hype' and 'bandwagon', I was going to bypass the whole Hunger Games deal BUT since my daughter has read them all and has raved, I got the books and read the first one last week. I am one to usually love the book better, so we'll see if and when I get to the theater to see the movie.

    Stopped by on my A-Z tour!
    Come on by and visit!
    www.hammockinthehoneysuckle.blogspot.com
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like the books better (probably coz I get to be in Katniss's head:) more) but I did enjoy the movie immensely. Can't wait for the next one.
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still ignorant about it all except for what everyone has said. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read the books but I bought them last week and I refuse to watch the movies until I read the books. I'll come back to let you know what I thought about them!

    From Diary of a Writer in Prpgress

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I am the odd one...I haven't read the books, nor did I see the movie. Probably because of the disturbing reports. Our kids need healthy role models to give them hope, but I'm not sure "Hunger Games" fits the bill. Thanks for your thoughts, Bonnie, and I'm so glad you see yourself as a future wife and mother. Those roles are so rewarding! Happy blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I wouldn't call you the odd one. I'd call you the smart one! It does have very disturbing themes. And I doubt it's any better of a role model than Twilight (which - if you ever ask - I'd tell you on the spot that I hate).
      Being a wife and mother are the two most important things in my future, and I look forward to both. :)
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  8. I've not read the books...I'm odd too. My son and hubby loved them. I'm interested in your name; do you have Welsh connections? Gwyn is a Welsh word that means white.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Scottish and Irish with the variation of 'Gowen,' but I haven't run across any Welsh.

      Delete