M is for Music
I mentioned this slightly before, but it's a passion, so I'm bringing it up again. There's so much power in music. In life, it's a major help. And in the writing world, it's a true inspiration - hope I'm not the only one who sees it that way! When I listen to a song, I instantly start thinking, Who is this? What's their story? What's making them say this or feel this way? Pretty soon, there's a story line. If I feel like it later, I fix it up to make it mine, and there you go - a new idea to play with.
Just like what you read, music sticks with you. I have a song in my head every day, and I don't usually have a choice of what it is, so I have to watch what I listen to - that way, I can stand the future 'addiction.' Haha
My point? Listen to good music - let it uplift you, and guide you to new ideas and points of view. It's an amazing thing - if used righteously. :)
Nice post, making it happen...
ReplyDeleteJeremy [Retro-Zombie]
A to Z Co-Host
My New Book:
Retro-Zombie: Art and Words
I had a talented musical friend do a variation of "Sweet Hour of Prayer". It's my favorite song *ever* even more than the pop songs I love so much on the radio. Nothing cheers me up more than when I listen to his arrangement.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful song. :) It's funny how that works, isn't it? In the end, reverence brings you in more than anything else.
Delete