Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for Yeti

Y is for Yeti
My father is a hilarious man. :) Two years ago, at Girl's Camp, he sent me a letter. I'd like to share part of it with you: (you'll see where the Yeti - also known as Bigfoot - comes in)

So Bonnie, I know that you are scared, but you shouldn't really be scared of the bears. Really, bears at that altitude don't usually have much of an appetite. They are likely to eat only one or two kids AT MOST, so just make sure that when you run away you are faster than the two slowest kids. If you run faster than a leader you are lucky, because they will only eat ONE of them.
I realize that your bigger fear might be BIGFOOT! Well, now this is something that you should be more afraid of. I remember when I was a kid there were Bigfoot sightings near where I lived. Once, I was in my bedroom and heard someone or some THING walking outside past my room. I thought it was my dad so I went outside to see what he was doing. Well it wasn't my dad, but my dad was chasing whatever it was. He said it was VERY tall, taller than the roof of our house, and that it took off into very dense and tall brush by our house. No man could have done that, and we were sure that it was Bigfoot!
One morning one of my friends woke up to heavy footsteps and deep breathing outside her window, and it smelled like sour milk! When her family went outside they found very large 4 toed footprints outside the house around her window. Wow, was she scared! On a different night one of her brothers saw two large RED EYES peering over the TOP of the house. Yes, Bigfoot can be very big. Yeti are telepathic, so the best thing you can do is send messages to them that you're not afraid, and that you mean them no harm. Then they won't come too near to the camp. I hope all of the other girls are sending the same message!! If this doesn't work, make sure you're ahead of 4 girls or 2 leaders as you run away!!!!!
Silly, yes? I read it aloud for the whole camp and we laughed for days. :) Love you, Dad!
Bonnie Gwyn

1 comment:

  1. Funny father -- he snuck up on me early this morning with red glowing eyes coming from his headlamps.

    ReplyDelete