Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Family History

F is for Family History

Our families play a vital role in our lives - both where we came from and where we're going. Some of you might be familiar with family patterns, and things that simply ... carry on, throughout the generations. Our ancestors share our blood, and they're part of us. I believe that, as we change for good, we do our share in healing them as well.

Another way to help them is doing their genealogy, and their temple work. It's a beautiful thing - to link your heritage together, and learn about the people that proceed you in this life.
Genealogy has always been a huge part of my life. A few years back, I spent a lot of time at FHExpos with my mother - who, at that time, was vice president of the company. Learning about others became a passion, and I still love it.

I find that, when exploring family stories, you often discover things that you can relate to - sometimes so closely that it's scary. Makes you think about how small this world can really be.
If you haven't gone after the roots of your family tree, I suggest you try it. It's a marvelous thing! :)
Bonnie Gwyn

3 comments:

  1. Family history always looks like something that would interest me a lot, but I don't have the concentration to sit down and really trace my way back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know about your F.
    Do check out my G at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete