Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I is for Interest

I is for Interest

Today is my Granny's 86th birthday. Were she alive, we'd definitely be celebrating. Still missing that lady like crazy. She's a true inspiration. :)

The title, Interest, was always one of her strengths. You'd go anywhere and, in minutes, she'd have a new best friend. Why? Because she had interest, and a genuine love for others. She asked people about themselves, and - you have to admit - we humans can be slightly selfish. So, after talking about their own lives for a while, these strangers would walk away thinking, Oh, isn't she an amazing person? or That was a very enjoyable conversation! Simple as that. After a while, I could walk into a store on my own and people would recognize me, simply because I was connected to 'Billie.'

I'm serious - take interest, and your fellow men will love you.

I'll always be proud to call Billie Hunt my Granny. Beautiful woman!


 
Bonnie Gwyn

1 comment:

  1. A lovely post commemorating your Grandma, also with an important message for us all. We all become so absorbed in our lives that we forget to take an interest in those around us and they can teach us so much. Good look with the A-Z Challenge. I'm doing it too. I find it is a great tool for getting me into the habit of blogging more often.

    ReplyDelete