Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Relaxing

R is for Relaxing
On Purpose
They say (and by they, I mean my mother) that when I was little, I never learned to walk. I learned to run. Haha Quote, "And you never stopped!" She's right. Until this year, I haven't given the idea of rest much thought. It's always been go-go-go. Not a good thing, if I may say so myself.

I remember one time when I was probably ... oh, eight or nine? I wasn't feeling too well, and Mom told me to relax. I looked at her in horror, and - to this very day - she still quotes my words: "I'd never relax on purpose!"

Now, I can't even begin to comprehend such a concept. My bed is my favorite place. ;) No, really. Rejuvenation is vital to the body. If we don't take time to let it happen, we'll eventually burn out. And if you don't know, that's not a good feeling. Take care of yourselves, my dears! Because it may not seem important now, but later on, your current health choices will have determined your life - a good deal of it, anyway. So, relax. Bring yourself some much needed peace.

Bonnie Gwyn

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from A/Z. I so agree with you about relaxing or risking getting burnt out. I'm finding taking Sunday afternoon to relax and even catch a nap or two is a good way to be fresh to start the week ahead!

    enjoy the rest of the challenge; we are almost there!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate to say it, but it will be nice once we hit May. Haha That's one of many reasons I love Sunday - relaxing. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete