Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Prepare For The Dark

After Dark


It's not really the dark I'm afraid of ... it's what's in the dark - and usually I can handle that quite well. Some nights though, things are just downright frightening. This picture was taken at a bonfire with several friends :) The figure who looks so creepy is really someone I'd trust with my life, but ... disguise happens, now doesn't it? The wolf as the sheep, the sheep as the wolf. Scary how wrong we can be about people. But, live and learn!

Something happens in the dark. Things change. I'm always extra careful then. You never know what could be lurking in the black. But my point isn't to scare you :) I know I promised inspirational messages. And I'll give you one.

Prepare for the dark. Keep the Spirit with you. Listen to promptings and hold to the light. You never know what's out there. But that's how it should be. Be it temptations, trials, sins, or physical dangers - we have to be ready and face them with God at our side. It's the only way. The world isn't going to suddenly get better - as much as I wish it would. We have to know how to be at peace in every circumstance. We have to keep the faith, no matter what. God's light is stronger. But it's not on our side unless we let it be there.

Don't fear the dark, my friends. Pray always, read the word, and find peace. Be the light. Carry Him with you. Joshua 1:9 :) <3

Bonnie Gwyn

4 comments:

  1. I needed this so much tonight! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! Always so glad to help :) <3

      Delete
  2. Good timing. I've been struggling with some darkness myself. Thanks for reminding me to pray and to be the light. Light always wins over darkness. You are a blessing!

    Hey, that picture on the right, the one that says Happiness is a Choice. Can I use that in one of my daily affirmations? That is soooo right!

    ReplyDelete