Family
It's pretty rare that he lets me post pictures of him, but ... this is my dad :) And I'd like to wish him a Happy Father's Day from the bottom of my heart! Everyone has their rougher times, and we're no different, but still - I love him a lot.
On Monday, I was out with my family at a park by the river. Beautiful, beautiful place. I saw my dad under the pavilion and went to talk to him. I found him analyzing the structure of the roof - the engineer in him showing through. That's one of the greatest things about him - he knows so much, and always wants to share (and learn more). I admit, I haven't always been the most teachable, but ... I've always been the one able to say, "My Daddy can fix that!"
I gave him a big hug, telling him I loved him, and he said it back - and somehow - no matter how hard life had felt before - in that moment, it felt okay. I felt okay. We walked back to the car together and Mum smiled, "Are you figuring out the meaning of life?" In a way, Yes. Love is such a big part of life. Really, it's everything. And family - that's a huge key. To the gospel, to happiness, to true fulfillment.
I'm so grateful to have the family that I do :) They're all amazing! But to one in particular ... Daddy, I love you :) <3
Bonnie Gwyn

That is a very loving message you have here, I am sure your father would be just as proud and feeling blessed as you are because of him now.
ReplyDeleteIt was so amazing to read your portrayal, its beautiful and so full of love. :D
Pages off Life
Oh thank you :) He deserves it.
Delete