Something Funny
When a day's been like today, finding 'something funny' is kinda difficult. Right now, I'm curling up in my covers, more than ready to just get some rest. Bed looked soooo appealing when I got home! This morning, I woke up to a death in the family, and the day just didn't get better. I mostly kept myself busy with laundry - was a little behind after the weekend. Tried at writing, wasn't feeling it. And then I got to Northwoods, and I was surprised at how many people told me "Welcome back". They noticed I was gone on Saturday. Helped a bit to be back with so many awesome people :) And music. Oh, the music <3
What's funny? The fact that I had to dig back through my photos to find anything I could use tonight ;) I came to the photo above, which I took on a night much like tonight. Late, following a dark day, with people around me that cared about me and what was going on. That night was back in March, only hours after a painful break-up. Guess I should be grateful I'm not going through that again! I'll shake off this down day once I sleep :)
Anyway, there's a joke that the cards you win in Apples to Apples describe you. I guess they can, in a way! But at the time, I found these just kinda scary and strange and hard to relate to. Now, I don't really feel neglected. But I do have hopes and dreams and fantasies, and if that makes me visionary, okay :) As for harmful ... that's what I'm always praying I'm not. It breaks my heart when I think I might have hurt someone. That very subject has been bothering me a great deal lately, which is why something else from tonight made me feel so good and grateful. It's a simple treasure.
Bonnie, the card said, It's been a wonderful experience for me to get to know you and see what a warm, gentle, super young woman you are. Thank you for helping me. Love, Barb
The woman who gave the card to me is someone I've loved being with at Northwoods. She's a tenor, 70ish I'd say, and I love helping her up and down the steps. She sings a solo that takes my breath away. That one card gave me the strength to keep going, and I hugged her so tightly after she gave it to me. It told me, Okay, maybe I'm not totally messing up. Maybe things are a whole lot better than they seem. Maybe I'm okay. So grateful for that.
... Have I ever mentioned how much I just love people? :) And how grateful I am for the opportunities to get to know so many? God's children are truly all remarkable.
Anyway, I'd better go. It's way past my bedtime. This singer needs a rest :) God bless you, every one of you!
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment