Monday, June 3, 2013

Hold To The Light

On My Table


Well! I said that I could find inspiration in anything. A picture of my random bedside table is definitely a challenge. Strangely shows my personality, actually :) (Forgive the sad lighting) Camera (cause I'm crazy about photography), Sagittarius mug (the Archer and I are one), etc :)

Oh! I think I've got it. Okay. The message.

I want to put the spotlight on three things I have on my table.
  1. The lamp
  2. The scriptures
  3. The flashlight
Lamp - It reminds me of faith :) It's been said that faith is an actual power in the universe, but in order to have access, we have to plug in. We all have inner light bulbs that are ready to turn on, but they need the faith and knowledge to do so. When our faith clicks and we can say I believe, that light goes on. So plug in :)

Scriptures - The word of God is vital. Vital. The answers are all there. It's amazing what reading even a little bit can do for you. When I don't read my scriptures, I admit it - I'm a grump! They help me through. In D&C 84:43 it tells us to pay 'diligent head' to the word. Don't just read it. Pay attention to it. Listen to it. And as it says in verse 44: Live it. Every word. God knows what He's saying - always. And He's given us the amazing blessing of the scriptures. Take advantage of them :)

Flashlight - We need God's light with us wherever we go, but we have to make the effort. One: We need to carry it with us. Don't leave it sitting on your table at home. Don't leave it at church or alone in the car. Have it with you everywhere. And two: Like a flashlight needs batteries, your light and testimony needs a good charge too. Don't expect your light to keep going when you surround it with darkness. Feed it with the good, the spiritual, the word. Give yourself what you need to have the Spirit with you and be protected. Hold to the light :)

How's that for interpreting randomness?

Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment