Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My 11:11 Tradition

11 O'clock


Eleven at night and what am I doin'? Listening to music and blogging :) But it's the time pictured that I want to draw attention to. 11:11. I know - tradition is that when you see those four ones, you make a wish. However ... my tradition is a little different :) I've been doing it for eight or nine months now, and it really does make a difference in my life. At every 11:11, I say a short prayer and tell my Father, Thy will be done. Four numbers, four words. Simple, and yet - so very meaningful.

Putting things into God's hands is vital - for progress, for humility, for sanity. He really does know what He's doing - much more than we do - and we can and should trust Him. He loves us and knows what's best :) Of course, sometimes what we need isn't what we want. I've learned that many, many times. But that's okay. There's a reason for everything. And eventually, we'll look back and go, "Oooh - so that's why that happened." Don't tell me you haven't done that at least once.

Keep moving forward! :) Never give up. Hold on. You never know when the sunshine might be right around the corner. You'd hate to miss it by only a few steps, wouldn't you?

Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment