Praise to the Man, the priesthood sang, and how bright and powerful they looked up there :) As I watched them sing, I realized, These will be the last men standing. And they will. When all is said and done and Satan is gone from the world, it will be men like these - believers, fighters, servants of God - who remain to greet the Lord at His coming. They hold the power and authority of God. They are amazing, and I want to thank every one of them for what they do. All of you priesthood holders, really: Thank you. Young, old, converts, life-long members - whoever you are. You are brilliant, and there's no place I'd rather be than in the midst of you when He comes.
For third hour, we gathered for a fantastic church broadcast: The Work of Salvation. If you didn't see it, it was about missionary work, and what a great work it is! As we watched, I noticed something: the clock on the wall. The minute hand was spinning in circles, catching many eyes as time went on. Eventually, it stopped, and another message came to me: The gospel is timeless. It's not going anywhere. It's here on Earth, and it's here to stay. So, so grateful for that. We live in a time of such wonder and joy! Hard, but awesome.
Support the men that hold the priesthood, and remember: Believe. Even if you don't know ... believe. As the hymn When Faith Endures (128) beautifully states:
His Spirit guides; His love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.
Bonnie Gwyn
No comments:
Post a Comment