You! (Me)
Phew! Was a busy weekend. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Jami and Iree today at the airport. And here I am, back to blog.
Don't worry - this isn't gonna be all about me ;) Let me give you the background of this photo. It was Saturday, and - as I mentioned - I went on a hike! We (my friends and I) got to the bottom of the trail - a different way than we'd gone up - and when I saw where we were, I just felt so at home. Took me by surprise, but ... not really. :) We were on the track of the Priest River Spartans. My track. The place where I learned what it meant to be a team. Even though I was exhausted, just seeing the track made me want to run a couple of laps. Brought back the spirit and energy of the recent season. All I could do was smile :)
We all have our 'holy (sacred and special) places' - where we feel at peace, at home, happy, content, nostalgic, etc. As I stood out there, I noticed a lonely set of hurdles stacked against the fence, and I remembered what those did for me. It was a painful experience, but priceless. I wouldn't take back track for the world. And I hope to keep hurdling (literally and metaphorically) and learning and doing the best I can.
It's a crazy world out there. I'm reminded of that every day. But we have both big and little things to help us get by. Let's focus on those. Let's focus on the happy things, the bright moments, the holy places :) And let's make it happen.
To quote the first line of the Spartan Creed: "A Spartan, above all, is fierce; because for us failure is not an option."
If you do your best, failure truly isn't an option. You don't have to be perfect or the best to succeed (Coming from the girl who finishes last quite often.. Haha!). Always be you; everybody else is taken.
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment