Friday, January 2, 2015

2015: The Year to Follow Him

Well first off, Happy New Year!!! 2014 was amazing, so I'm very excited for 2015, and to see all it brings. I've also got some food for thought to share. :)

According to the Chinese zodiac, 2015 is the year of the sheep. I'm sure many of you are familiar with Jesus Christ and His many names - one of which is the Good Shepherd. Here's what the two have to do with each other. :)

Alma 5:38
Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd, to the name by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
In other words, this is the year to follow Him. This is the year to be His sheep. I think that's pretty magical!

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
We just celebrated Christmas, so I hope our Savior has been on the minds of all. :) When I really look back at His life, and His sacrifice, it's almost impossible to comprehend. He gave His life ... for His sheep. For us. Has there ever been a more loving shepherd? I think not. So what sheep, as lost and confused as we become in this life, wouldn't want to follow Him?

Jesus Christ once told the parable of the lost sheep. In that parable, the shepherd leaves the ninety and nine to look for the lost one. He loves us that much. We are worth that much to Him. Even when we stray, even when we don't see the reason to follow, He doesn't give up. He never gives up. It all just leaves me in awe. :)

We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. But through Him, we can always make it back to safety. All He asks is that we follow. All He asks is that we're willing, and that we repent and walk in His footsteps. And for doing so, and obeying His commandments, the eternal rewards are unreal. But the greatest reward is to spend eternity with Him. :)

My greatest goal is for Him to say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." I want to make it home. Don't you?

So what better resolution is there, than to spend 2015 - and the rest of your life - following Christ? It's difficult, but it's more than worth it. So this year, in the year of the sheep, follow the Good Shepherd. He will lead you safely home. <3

Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment