Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hallelujah!

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, and my reasons for shouting "Hallelujah!" are more numerous than ever. It's been a few months since I last blogged, and in that time, I've truly experienced miracles. Trials have been present as always, but the Lord has guided my life so completely and so perfectly. I'm still in awe of it all. I bear absolute testimony that our Savior lives and that He loves us.


After Jesus Christ gave His life for us and atoned for our sins, He rose again, making it possible for all of us to be resurrected - for our spirits and bodies to be reunited eternally after death. He broke the bonds of death, and we celebrate that every year during this Easter season. We celebrate that He lives, and that we too can live again.

Growing up, the idea of eternity terrified me. It was too overwhelming to think about. I was far more comfortable thinking about the pre-existence than I was thinking about the life after this one. I knew about the resurrection, and I was grateful for that gift, but it didn't really have personal meaning to me. When my grandmother passed away in 2012, the knowledge that I would see her again was a comfort to me. But still, I don't think I really appreciated the fact that I would live again. That doctrine wasn't written in my heart until this year, when I began my preparation to enter the temple.

I took a temple prep class for several weeks, and that was an immense blessing. I studied the doctrine of the temple, and of eternity, and the joy that filled my soul because of it was incredible. Every week, I gained a greater knowledge that not only could I live forever, but that I wanted to. It felt less scary and more miraculous. And every week, my desire to go to the temple increased. I wanted desperately to go and to make covenants with my God, so that I would be able to live with Him for eternity.

Two weeks ago, I went through the Draper temple and received my endowments. It was the most joyous, perfect, wonderful experience of my entire life. I learned so much there, and I've continued to learn as I've returned to the temple. I've been deeply converted to the doctrine of eternity. I know who I was before I came here, and I know who I want to be when I leave.

Because of my Savior, I can be cleansed of all my mistakes and weaknesses. And because of Him, I can live again, and spend eternity in His presence. That is my goal. And because of Him, I do indeed say, hallelujah!

He lives! What a comfort it is to know that His ministry didn't end that day on the cross. What great news it is that He isn't still in the tomb. How wonderful it is to know that He lives, and that He is with us always. He comforts us always. He watches over us always. He won the battle against death. He was never defeated and never will be. He is our God. He is my God. And I love Him so much. I will sing His praises forever.

Happy Easter! Hallelujah!

Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment