Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Is For Christ

Well, tomorrow marks one more year that I've lived on this lovely earth, and I will honestly call it the best and the worst of times. :) And that's how things should be. I know it's been a while since I've written here. Sorry! NaNoWriMo kinda sucked the life out of me through November. Still recovering. But the 50,000 word novel I came out with is more than worth it! For anyone curious, here is a short summary:
Christina has grown up literally ‘sheltered’ in a sanctuary run by mysterious Officials who offer safety in exchange for captivity. She’s already suspicious of the Officials when she meets Tyler Andrus, commander of the T-Squad: a group of rebels on a quest to destroy the sanctuaries and bring light back into the world. Having yearned for freedom all her life, she joins them in a journey of hope, terror, and self-discovery.
I'll let y'all know when I get it edited and ready for beta readers. :) Super exciting! Anyway, enough about me. I want to talk about someone else: Jesus Christ, our Savior.


This morning, I was relaxing in my covers and listening to Christmas music on the radio. As my mind tuned in to the music, I noticed the song that was playing, and it broke my heart. Every time the word Christmas was spoken, Christ was bleeped out. I soon turned it off because I was so saddened by someone doing such a thing - even if they were trying to make a point. So with that in mind, let me make a point.

Christmas is about Christ. Christmas is about Him, what He did for us, and the wonderful life He lived. It isn't about Santa Clause. It isn't about presents. It's about Him. How many people have forgotten that? I admit, I'm sometimes guilty of rushing through holidays, and forgetting what they're all about. But this year, I don't want to do that, and I don't want you to either. We all have busy lives. We all have trials, distractions, and plenty of things to think about. But we should always, always have room for Him. And not only that, but we should make Him our priority. If we don't, things tend to go haywire. Really crazy how simple it can be. :)

I love you all! And He loves you, too. As we go throughout this season, think of Him, and think of all He did for each and every one of us. He atoned for all of it. He made the infinite, eternal, perfect sacrifice. He did it to bring us home. Let that sink into your hearts, pray about it, feel His spirit. If you haven't yet, find that joy in Christmas that serves as such a beautiful reminder ... that He is there for us always, regardless of anything and anyone else. "Come," He told us. Come unto Him. Love Him, and accept His love.

He wants us to be happy - truly happy. :) So if the choice comes between focusing on your trials and focusing on Him - who can make your burden light - I hope you choose the right path.

Happy Holidays :)

Love,
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment