As those questions started to form, I found myself stopping, and something inside me whispered: Don't complain now. You have so much to be thankful for. And I do. Sometimes we just need a reminder. When I returned to my bedroom, I pulled out a bottle of a favorite essential oil: Yarrow. And a while after applying it to the cut, I could barely tell it was there.
Christ is our yarrow. When we're hurt or afraid, He can heal us. When we're broken, like my skin, He can help pull us together. Whether our problems be physical, emotional, or spiritual - He can help. All we have to do is seek Him, ask, and be open to receive - and then be willing to apply what He gives us, and teaches us, just like the oil.
Little things happen, but we go on. Big things happen, but we go on. If we have the right attitude, the right tools, and remember all that we already have, we'll be okay. Because really, if we don't think about what we wish we had - or don't have, life is so simple and beautiful.
Simple. The gospel is simple. Christ is simple. God is simple. So let's all walk our roads today reflecting their light, and helping others feel its warmth and comfort. There is no strength that compares to the Lord's.
Make it a great day!
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment