These are a new kind of butterflies.
February 5th - that's the due date ;) And I can honestly say I've never felt anything quite like this. It's thrilling, really, to see my baby off into the next stage of its life. I'm not sure that either of us are ready, but that's how it's supposed to be, right? :)
I haven't said too much about Escaping Safety - mostly because everything has happened so fast. The night before NaNoWriMo (in November of 2013), I came up with an idea. It was small, in a very different genre than my usual, and I couldn't quite see it happening ... but deep down, I knew I had to try. So in the morning, with a huge leap of faith, I dropped my other project and sat down at the computer.
On November 26th, I wrote the last words to this new novel ... and nothing has ever touched me so deeply. Ever since, editing and getting ready for release have been my focus - my goal being to have it done by LTUE. If all goes well, I'll make that goal, and there will be no turning back. :)
I'm excited. I'm scared. I'm counting the days. I'm terrified. :) And that's okay! Because I love these kinds of butterflies. Seeing everything come together makes it more than worth it. Every sprint session, every day glued to the keyboard, every second of lost sleep - and believe me, those are countless. ;)
I have to take a moment and thank all of you for supporting me through this. I know it's hard to be patient with me when I'm stuck on a novel, barely bringing myself to socialize ;) But maybe once you've read the book, you'll know what it's all been for, and you'll forgive me. :)
Anyway, I'll reveal a larger, more final version of the cover tomorrow. :) Until then, I bid you all a good night!
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment