Yes, I know it's been a while, but I'm alive - I swear! ;) I've been battling it out with my second book, the sequel to Escaping Safety, and I'm happy to say that I've finally reached a word count of 20K. It's thrilling and exhausting, as always, but also so worth it - as always. ;)
All week I've been thinking I should blog, but my mental conversations kept going like so:
I should start blogging about writing.
But my blog is mostly spiritual, so ... should I really add in writing?
I don't feel confident writing about ... well, writing.
But writing is my passion!
But does it fit?
And then, I realized I was looking at it all wrong. Yes, I'm a very spiritually-oriented person. But guess what? Writing is spiritual!
Everything in our world was first created spiritually, and I've always thought the same of my stories. I love my characters and worlds, but it doesn't seem possible to take full credit for them. Instead, I thank God for the inspiration He gives me, and keep on going. I know for a fact that Escaping Safety couldn't have happened without Him. That's just as true with its sequel, because I've learned something else: God is the greatest motivator ever.
I had experiences this week that sent me into a total rut, but then I realized that without that rut, I wouldn't have written so many words that day - or created as good of quality. It's crazy and awesome how that works. Am I the only one who finds myself living out what I need to write, ahead of time?
There is something so spiritual and so beautiful about pouring your heart out on paper. I've found this while journaling, while writing fiction, while writing here - and everywhere. But specifically in fiction, you have such a responsibility, and - truly - such a privilege. The ability to create a world and make your readers feel certain things is something we can't take lightly. Ever. I can't even tell you how many times a book has saved me, because it was exactly what I needed in that moment. That's my goal as an author: to create those books for others. To be able to help others along in this crazy life. I pray every day that my characters will be inspired enough to guide both me and my readers along. Because when an author creates a story and it comes to life ... that is true magic.
I could go on and on, but I leave it at that for now. Have a fantastic night everyone, and please: Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming. <3 A world without dreamers would be nothing. :)
Love,
Bonnie Gwyn
Well said, Bonnie!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
Delete