Friday, July 3, 2015

Forever: President Boyd K. Packer


I never wanted to write this post. But after the April General Conference, I knew it was coming soon. Still, the death of this great man is heartbreaking. It's been just over a month since we lost Elder Perry, and it's honestly frightening to me. I'm afraid of what will happen in this world without these great men in it. I have faith that we'll be given new leaders who are equally wonderful, but still ... it's hard. It's hard to believe, and to accept. At least for me, I've grown up with these men, and suddenly they're not here anymore. Death is so strange.

President Packer was a wonderful, wonderful man. He was courageous and spoke the truth about hard subjects, and he loved us. He really did. I'm so grateful to have been on the earth when he was, and to hear his words. Times like this make me so grateful for technology and the organization of the Church. President Packer may be gone, but his teachings aren't. We can revisit them at any time, and it's a beautiful thing. I'm going to do that now, and pray for the leaders of the Church who are still here, and having to pull things together once again. I encourage you all to do the same. <3

I have such a strong testimony of the prophets and apostles that God has called in these latter days. I believe in them just as much as I believe in the prophets of old. I believe that they are prophets, seers, and revelators. I believe that they speak for God, and that when they leave this world, He welcomes them with open arms. And I'm grateful that I'll one day see them again.

President Packer, may God bless you and give you one of the greatest mansions in Heaven. Thank you for all that you've done and that you've taught us.

We love you. Forever.

Bonnie Gwyn

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. I've lived long enough now that nearly the entire Quorum of the Twelve I grew up remembering has changed. President Monson is the only one remaining from when I was old enough to remember. I remember when Elder Nelson was called. It's hard to believe, but there was a time when Elder Holland wasn't in the Quorum yet. Elders Bednar and Christopherson--even Pres. Uchtdorf--are essentially "young bucks". There will always be wonderful men to take the place of those who pass on, and we'll see before long that their selection was every bit as inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Thom! :) I do look forward to seeing who's called next. It's just strange, realizing that they won't live forever.

      Delete