I have so many traveling photos taken from the windows of that car.
We spent years searching for property in Idaho and our Buick faithfully got us where we needed to go.
Our Buick watched me grow up. Here's a photo of me and my childhood best friend, building some kind of snow tunnel with the Buick in the background.
The Buick survived crazy amounts of snow.
Floods.
Countless concrete jobs.
Hitting a deer.
Prom photo shoots.
And me learning to drive.
It made an awesome prop for trunk-or-treat during the Halloween season.
I don't think I fully appreciated the Buick until I moved away from it. And now, due to an unfortunate accident with a bulldozer, it's been put into retirement. My amazing father has since bought a 'new' one (used, but still awesome), and after days of tireless searching, he managed to find me one as well. I bought it tonight.
This used car of mine is worn and well-loved, but I still adore it, and I'm excited to see what adventures we'll have together. As I got in my new car tonight, I was fighting back tears at all of the happy memories that I relived by simply sitting there. Even though I'd never seen the car before, and the colors were different than our beloved red Buick, everything about it was familiar. And as much as I love a new experience, there's nothing like the feeling of coming home to the familiar.
We are definitely a Buick-loving family.
Bonnie Gwyn


Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the many wonderful memories regarding our old LeSabre. It sure treated us well! We bought it with 90,000 miles on it, and ran it to over 260,000. You probably don't or wouldn't remember, but one of the main reasons I wanted to buy it was that you looked like a little princess sitting in the spacious red leather back seat!
I'm very happy we were able to go car shopping together, even if only via the internet, and tons of phone calls. If was a wonderful daddy / daughter experience that I really enjoyed.
Well, I hope this new LeSabre works well for you, and I hope you'll have many happy days driving it!!!
Love,
Dad