Thursday, September 12, 2013

Father, I Love Thee

Alma 37:37
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
I love this scripture so much, and I've used it many times this week. Its applications are countless. God is our Father. He loves us, and he wants to know how we're doing. He loves it when we kneel down and share our thoughts, feelings, dilemmas, and decisions. Anytime we pray, He listens. It doesn't matter if we're at home or at church or school or work. Anywhere. And it doesn't matter if we're on our knees, or if we're simply directing our thoughts towards Him. He is there. And when we share with Him, if we stop and listen, He'll guide us through his Spirit and eternal light.

The second part of this also applies to prayer. In the morning and evening, we are counseled to pray, and doing so is very important. Sometimes, I feel vulnerable when I'm going to sleep - and I think that's natural. Sleep is a whole 'nother state of mind, and we're not conscious to see what's going on around us. But, that's okay, because our Father is there. If we wrap ourselves in His Spirit (and trust ourselves into His care), His angels and protection surround us. Isn't that a great peace to go to sleep in?

When we wake, it's even more vital to have His protection. It can be ugly out there in the world, and the devil's always trying to tear you down; so put on the whole armor of God. Pray, read your scriptures, open yourself to inspiration. I often get my inspiration when I want to be sleeping, which can be irritating, but God's timing is the best timing :)

We've been blessed with such a beautiful world <3

I love that Alma also mentions gratitude, because what is a life without gratitude? We have pains and sorrows, darkness and trials, but we're not alone in that. Our Father has suffered in His own way to get us where we are. He has sacrificed two sons (one to evil, and the other on Earth to atone for our sins), and He's put everything into His work and His glory: this world, giving us this experience, and bringing us home. It's amazing. I am so grateful -- for Father, Christ, the Spirit, and all they've done throughout the eternities - and all they're yet to do. After all, this isn't the end. There will never be an end.

Let that sink in, and apply it to life :) You'll notice a difference. And as a great friend, Taylor Wilson, said in Seminary: If you don't apply it, you don't learn it. So true.

I love you all :)

Bonnie Gwyn

1 comment:

  1. This!! This is why this is one of my all time favorite blogs. Keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete