Warning: this post may seem a little scatterbrained. ;)
I can't even describe the feeling that's been in the air lately ... and I don't know if it's just here or everywhere, but it seems like the adversary is really stepping up his game. Which means something amazing must be coming.
I've been stressed out and irritated and beyond reason at times - but other times have been completely amazing. Either way, it seems that I - and several others I know - having been living the extreme side of things. Tragedies, miracles, failures, and huge successes. Life isn't usually this crazy. But maybe the world is just headed in a new direction? :) I've been trying to figure it out, but I haven't yet. And I'm realizing that, often ... the only real answer is faith.
This week was full of rehearsals and madness, and finally two amazing performances on Friday and Saturday. :) I was honestly blown away by our choir, and how well it all went. Of course, we made mistakes, but isn't that the beauty of performing live? :)
On Friday, before we went on stage, we stood in a circle and said a prayer - as is Northwoods tradition. We needed it. I was so nervous, and I knew that only through God would I ever remember all that I needed to. But guess what? He was there for us. The minute we stepped into those stage lights, I could feel it. The warmth. The power. The feeling of pure energy from being in front of the audience.
After I performed with three awesome guys for I'll Make A Man Out Of You, the relief was crazy, and I tell ya - backstage hugs of celebration are the best. :) And at the end of the show, when the curtains closed, there was an eruption of screams and jumping and excitement. There's really so much truth in this statement: There's no business like show business. :)
But anyway, before I get sidetracked with how much I love show choir. :) We couldn't have done that without God, and that's the great thing about it. When we prepare for performances (or tests, trials, whatever our challenge may be) and do our part, that opens the door for God to do the rest. It's the same with living the gospel. When we reach for Him, He reaches for us, and we learn and grow more than would ever be possible alone.
So, my words of wisdom? Prepare, and then - when the time comes and the nerves are overwhelming - just have faith. Because when we prove that what we want is important to us, it becomes important to Him.
Of course, sometimes what we want isn't quite united with what He wants - but that's because we're human, and we don't always see the big picture. Sometimes failure helps us grow more than anything (Remember the 300 hurdles?), but that doesn't mean He enjoys seeing us fail. Christ experienced both our good times and all of our bad times. He knows. And I'm so grateful that He was there with us on that stage, because it brought even more joy to the performance.
Music brings me joy, and when it's good, I know He loves it too. I'm so grateful for Him. I'm so grateful for all of the wonderful experiences that this life has to offer. I'm thankful for my trials, and what they teach me. I'm thankful for my mistakes - because they help me become a better person. I'm also very, very thankful for all of you - especially my lovely mother. :) Here's a shout out to her, for always being so amazing and loving me no matter what. I hope that, someday, I'll be able to be as selfless as she is. I love you all.
Happy Sunday, and Happy Mother's Day!! <3
Bonnie Gwyn
music and joy - there you go. That's a good path for life. Found you on the A to Z road trip. I'm meandering. Take care
ReplyDeletePrepare and have faith. I like that!
ReplyDelete