Tonight, our marvelous Northwoods group performed for a crowd of around twenty people. I've never seen the theater so empty on show night. I've also never felt a show quite like this one. The energy was amazing, and the audience - be they small - were amazing. Truly, the show lived up to its name: Frivolity, Fun & Fancy. :)
This was only our second performance, and we have five more to go. I'm excited to have this week to rejuvenate, but even more excited for when the weekend comes again. I know family and friends will come to see us, and even better, strangers - hopefully even a few who are new to our craziness. And when they come, we'll do what we love: entertain. :) After all, as is our motto: "If it's quality family entertainment, it's Northwoods."
If you live in the lovely area of Newport, WA, we'd love to see you! A crowd of twenty isn't at all the same as filling the tables and balcony. :) But I must admit, I learned something from performing for so few. It reminded me that every performance is for each person individually - both those in the audience and those in the choir.
When we end the show, we end as one, in harmony and swaying to the same beats. But when it's over, we break into separate beings, and it's funny how that works. I always feel like I'm coming out of a spell, and becoming a human being again. :) I love that about attending live performances, when I get to meet the artists/performers and they become flesh and blood - instead of faraway figures on a stage. I always wonder if we appear the same way to our audiences. (Of course, the Circle Moon is a small theater, so the distance isn't that far.)
Northwoods last year :) I haven't managed to get pictures of the current show yet.
But setting all of that aside, I just have to share my gratitude in one more place. I've had several reminders today of just how good God is, and how blessed we all are. I've been reflecting a lot on my fast-paced life, and everything I've experienced, and it blows me away. My feelings can be summed up nicely with this song, which was also performed tonight:
"Thankful"
Somedays we forget
To look around us
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Look beyond ourselves
There's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
It's so long overdue
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And every day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Bonnie Gwyn <3
No comments:
Post a Comment