I was standing in the forest, three of these beasts coming towards me, and I was scared to death. And then, I called out, and a pack of large dogs surrounded me - protecting me. With around seven of them and only three lions (There were ten, but the others were gone), the lions backed off. This gave me time to breathe, collect myself, and to feel some major relief.
The message?
We all have lions in this life. Sometimes they're big, sometimes they're small. Sometimes they're reason to panic ... and other times, we don't realize they're there. But they are. And when we face them, we don't have to be alone. We're never alone.
We each have our own armies we can call on, both physical (the people around us) and spiritual (those on the other side, more than happy to help). Whenever we need them, they are there. God is there. We can find light and protection in the darkest and scariest of times. We just need to look for it. Ask for it.
Call on your army. And as D&C 87:8 says, "Stand Ye in Holy Places."
1 Nephi 3:7
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.There is always a way. God wants us to be here, to live this life, and He wants so much for us to come home. We just need to trust Him, and act on the ways He does prepare. He knows what we need and when we need it. He sends us angels, whether we know it or not. And through Him, we have our armies.
2 Kings 6:16
And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.Believe, and be strong!
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment