On Saturday, I was out shopping with a couple friends - looking for something to wear for Northwoods (The community choir I joined recently. Our performances start at the end of this month). I had to be at a baptism at four, so I kept track of time, but I almost didn't make it. Thank goodness I did :) When I got to the church, I rushed to change into a skirt, and then took my place beside my mother and another friend - finally taking the time to breathe. And I realized how much my mind needed to rest, too. It was hard to get into a spiritual mode when everything was swirling around up top.
My point isn't anti-shopping! ;) It's pro-spirituality. :) We need to take time in the day to let things settle down, maybe say a prayer or read a scripture, and let the Spirit work its wonders. I know - hard to do when things are rushed. But that's the point. Anyone can spare a minute. And when we do, it makes a huge difference.
Life is crazy - just a fact. We need the peace of our Lord to help us through it. Be it work or education or happenings in our personal lives - whatever. Nothing is small or insignificant (especially to God) if it's a big deal to you. So never be afraid to take a minute and ask for His help. I live with a prayer in my heart - seems like the only way to go!
Reach out to Him, let Him in, and make it a great day :)
Bonnie Gwyn
No comments:
Post a Comment