This year has had a very eventful and somewhat rocky start. As some of you know, I've been living with my grandmother for the last three years, taking care of her. What you might
not know is that she passed away on the nineteenth of last month. Both my mother and I found her, and the shock is still going strong. I won't give any details, but it wasn't entirely a pleasant experience.
Because we weren't with her when it happened, the police had to come, and they stuck around for much longer than I thought appropriate. They took her to the mortuary in a blue minivan - not what I was expecting!
 |
| My Granny, when she was still young. <3 |
After that, life got pretty busy. There were funeral plans, family gatherings, dressing the body, and finally: the funeral. My mother and I did a duet -
I'll Fly Away. It was the only thing Gran had requested prior to her death. The cemetery was windy, so the service there was short, but - at least for me - it was the time that everything finally sank in. I'm still in denial that she's not here, and I know it will take a long time to get used to. But, she's with my grandpa, and she's happy. She's finally free of her earthly body that held her back for so long. I'm grateful that she has that blessing.
Sorry to hear!!
ReplyDelete