We authors all, as far as I know, have something in common: we hear voices. And believe me, we are not mentally ill (though, we often think otherwise!). For me, my voices are my characters. They call to me to tell their story, and it's lucky if I manage to type half of what they tell me. Haha That's why I get so little sleep at night. I try to hit the hay early, and then I get another idea. Next thing I know, it's midnight or one in the morning. It always feels worth it then, but I rethink that theory in the morning. ;)
So, what do we learn from these voices? For me, I get to know the mind in an entirely different way with every character. They help me explore life. Sometimes I wonder, even if they're fiction, if they help me just as much as I help them (by telling their story).
Just a thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment