Thursday, April 9, 2015

Home

(Me - 2005)
H is for Home

I've lived in a normal house, a log house, a double wide, a fifth wheel trailer, and a couple creations made of mostly concrete. Every one has been different, with pros and cons and stories to explain them, but the thing I've learned from them all is this: a house doesn't make a home. Lots of people live in houses, but that doesn't mean that they're happy, or that they're comfortable there. What makes a house (or trailer, etc) a home is the energy that fills it.

We had neighbors down south who lived in a gorgeous house, but they were dysfunctional and very unhappy. We have friends and 'neighbors' (forest style) now who live off very little, and yet are better off inside than most. The point is, where you live doesn't necessary define you. It's how you live that really counts. You can be happy anywhere. If your perspective is right and you're following God, that's really all you need.

Of course, someday, I plan on living in a more normal house. But thanks to all of my experiences, I know how I'll make that house a home. Last year, I was in town waiting for a friend, and I needed a place to go. Until I looked at my Timehop this morning, I'd forgotten all about this. But on that day, a family very dear to me saw me outside, and invited me into their home. The mother played hymns on the piano, and the Spirit there was just overwhelming - and it reminded me that I want to have that someday. I want to have a home where others can feel welcome, comforted, and loved. I want my home to be a sanctuary to both my family and anyone else who may need it. I want my home to be God's.

That's all part of my dream, and someday, I have faith it will happen. Until then, I'm trying my best to be happy and at peace where I am. I hope you all can do the same. :)

Bonnie Gwyn

1 comment:

  1. We used to make tents out of furniture and cushions and blankets and camp sometimes for days. But mom and day saw we were having fun and not fighting, so they let us do it..

    Looks like the L.A. freeway system.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    Twitter: @StephenTremp

    ReplyDelete