T is for Trees and Tremors
We had to cut down a tree today, because it was too close to the house. Sad, huh? It was so beautiful, and I'll miss it! But it made for quite the video. Check this out:
It's strange to me - how it's so full and magnificent one second, and so flat and defeated the next. The minute it landed, I could smell it. And I love the smell of pine. Even this evening, when I went out by the cut logs, I could still smell it. I'm grateful for that tree's contribution to heating our home. :)
As for the second "T" item! Tremors. That's right. We had two earthquakes today! Definitely unusual around here. The second was the stronger of the two. It came on with a rumble, and then the house shook just enough to be noticeable - and it went on for ten seconds, at least. I've never felt anything quite like that. It kind of jolts you into reality, when you feel the earth move. I often forget that natural disasters aren't just a distant, impossible thing. Anything is possible, and anything could happen at any time. That could be a seriously scary mindset, if it wasn't for my faith in my Heavenly Father. He controls this world, and I believe that whatever happens is meant to be. So I'll just sit back and enjoy the memory of earthquakes and the smell of pine. :)
Bonnie Gwyn

Perfect video - a great way to say goodbye to a tree!
ReplyDelete