Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Letters

L is for Letters



On Saturday, I told you guys why I'm a Mormon. Today I want to tell you why I'm a writer. :) As many of you already know, I love words! I love how much you can express with the 26 letters in the alphabet. When separated from each other, they don't mean a ton, but when put together ... they can express everything from the deepest sorrow to the brightest joy.

In some ways, letters are like people. We're all gifted, but we're stronger when we're together. Together, we can create. Together, we can do God's will. Together, we can be His Church, and His followers, and His people. It's pretty awesome.

Letters and words are so precious to me. I love being able to express myself, and tell stories, and send messages. The amazing thing about letters is that at first glance, they're all you see, but when you read the words ... somehow, emotion comes across too. They say that when you write, your readers will sense if you love your story. It's true. I read old things I've written and I know how I was feeling, even if I don't remember.

I'm a writer because I believe in the power of words. I have certain books that have changed my life over and over again. From feel good novels to pages about history, I've been influenced by words. I want to influence others for good. I write so that I can put the right emotion behind the words, and help others through their tough times. I write to bring hope. I write because someone once wrote for me, and they didn't even know it. I find joy in the writing, but it's more than that. It's my cause, my journey, and my hope of bringing a little more light to the world. And I hope that someday, maybe I'll inspire someone else to write. Just one. That will make it all worth it. :)

Bonnie Gwyn

2 comments:

  1. I'm a writer because I believe in the power of story. Each of us has a story that we live and tell. Perhaps story is the next hierarchy up from letters and words.

    ReplyDelete