My parents and I drove up into the hills tonight, looking for the northern lights. We didn't see much, but we did find a beautiful place to park and gaze at the night sky - and the river, and the trees, and the lack of city lights. But the really amazing thing was the sky. There were so many stars, it was almost unreal. And as I looked at them, all I could think of was a line from a song I heard last night (at the BYU Collegiate Singers show): "I'm going to live forever." That got me thinking.
Seeing the stars like that just naturally makes a person feel small - but in a good way. It reminded me that the same God who created them created me, and that He loves me. He, with all of His power and His glory, loves little me - and little you. He loves all of us. That's pretty fantastic. We couldn't ask for a greater support in this life, or in the eternities to come. He has our backs, always. We can have that power with us, if we only obey and ask Him for it. We can have His strength and guidance. This is His world. Anything is possible. Is there anything that can bring more hope than that?
Bonnie Gwyn

No comments:
Post a Comment