R is for Restless Runner
And I apologize for not doing this yesterday. It was go, go, go until I dropped! Which is why I was so restless last night. I was in too much pain to sleep. Gotta love it! Luckily I remembered the ibuprofen in my bag and made it to sleep a while after downing that.
I hate those times when you're just tossing and turning and watching the clock. I've been having way too many of them lately. Track hasn't been too nice to my body - and all of the emotional stuff is just ... well, honestly, brutal. Haha But hey ... life goes on. And it's getting better :)
I'm a runner. Never in my life did I think I'd say that, but here I am! And I want to mention something I've been thinking about lately.
Running is an awesome release. I love to walk away from a bad day and just let it go as my feet hit the track, or wherever I am. It helps calm me down. It grounds me. And I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. But I have to wonder ... how many people use running as too much of an escape? Some might just be running from things - and that's not good. I think a runner should always be running towards something. Be it the finish line, another goal, someone they love - as long as it's positive. Running away from something just keeps you from facing it, and that's negative.
Of course, I'm not pointing fingers. I'm as guilty of running as anybody. But it's definitely something to think about! Run towards your goals. Run towards the light. Don't run from the things you need to face, but instead towards the path that will help you face them. It's a scary world, but that doesn't make it impossible!
Bonnie Gwyn
Very interesting post! I like the way you phrased that. I know the feeling of being restless. I've had to take a half of a sleeping pill lately or sometimes sleepytime tea helps my body shutdown so I can get some rest. =)
ReplyDelete