Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A-Z 2013 Day Three: Climb!

C is for Climb


Have you ever looked at slides as an analogy? I was sitting at the park yesterday and it occurred to me - there's always a climb up, an effort made. And then, when you reach the top, how easy is it to just slide back down - to the same level you were at before?

Sounds a lot like life, doesn't it? Going up (doing good) is hard. Going down is a piece of cake. Or at least, it looks like it - until you face the consequences.

But in life, unlike a playground, there is no place to stand before sliding. You're either climbing or sliding - period. (I think this would apply in relationships and other situations too. If you don't keep it up, things don't turn out so good.) So my advice to all of you? Climb! Every choice you make is a part of your future. Take the steps that are wise - and not the ones that might lead you to slipping. Because once you're sliding, it's really hard to get off the slope (But not impossible, of course!).

Don't let life discourage you. Don't stop progressing. Even if the movement is small, as long as you're going forward, you're going somewhere!

Be strong! :) 

Bonnie Gwyn

3 comments:

  1. I like that analogy.

    Because when I was a kid, I liked slides because I liked being up high for the view, not necessarily for the slide down. My mom or whatever adult was supervising me would keep saying "slide down, slide down!" I would often delay, because it'd mean climbing up that ladder again. I always wished that the slides were higher.

    Good luck with the rest of the blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....that was an incredible post!!! Thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post! :) I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete