Saturday, April 27, 2013

A-Z 2013 Day Twenty-Three: Wish List

W is for Wish List!

Yes, I'm one of those weird people who makes lists ;) And I have one in particular that's growing daily: what I want and what I really don't want in my future husband. If you're curious ...
  1. No lies! I'm done with people not being honest with me.
  2. Not fake. Fake doesn't do anyone any good. Just another kind of lie ;) And I can't truly be in love with someone I don't know, right?
  3. No video game addictions, or and other addictions (Unless he's addicted to me, of course - that's totally cool!). Yes, I know, that's something that would make just about everyone I know freak out ... but I have a thing about video games. They're relationship killers. I've always said that when I have kids, I won't have that kind of stuff in my home. Likely, by that time, they'll be so bad anyway that my guy won't think twice about agreeing.
  4. Good communication. It's vital!! If you've got a problem, talk to me. If you're not okay, talk to me. Believe it or not, women can't read minds! ;)
  5. Comfortable. No awkwardness. I want someone who can be himself and I can be myself around.
  6. High standards. If I don't feel okay about something and I walk away, I don't want to be alone. Period. This world is messed up, and I want someone who realizes that and is choosing the light :)
  7. Commitment to the gospel. It's so important! And the true foundation of anything - especially relationships and marriage. God should be at the head of it all.
  8. Loves music. Someone I can sing with. Life is a song - live it with me :)
  9. Spiritual connection. Not just a physical or mental connection. It's not totally real to me until I feel it in all three ways. I'm a spiritual person - I need that.
  10. Funny! A sense of humor is so important. It can save many bad situations. And it's the guys who make me smile that really catch my attention :) If they can act like idiots and have me be proud of them at the same time, they've got it made. Things like that come so far behind good looks and whatever a lot of girls worry about.
  11. Knows when something's up with me - and isn't afraid to address it. I know - when I don't feel right, I act like I wanna be left alone. The problem is ... I usually don't. Sometimes, space is good. But lots of times, just brushing off my exterior and hugging me or something does wonders. Just a fact :)
  12. Likes to dance. :) It's not a lost art!
  13. Intelligent. I love a good conversation that enlightens me. And I love learning, so a partner in learning would be awesome :)
  14. Mature. I know ... some men would say this is impossible ;) But it's not! Don't get me wrong - there's a huge difference between being immature and being funny. There's also a difference between the word boy and the word man. It's the latter I'm looking for.
  15. Spiritually strong. This world is hard. And I learned long ago that I'm stronger when it's not just me. I need a partner in everything - this (spirituality) especially.
I've got lots more ... but I've got to get ready for a fun day at Silverwood!

Watch for an update this evening. I'm not finished with this yet.

UPDATE: Eek! Exhausted. Almost forgot about this. But, I did promise more of the list :) (And when I saw how many views this post had, I figured I'd better get it done.) I added some details to the things up top - now to figure out where I left off ... (I can't figure out how to continue that list down here ... crazy blogger ... so forgive me for the numbers starting over!)
  1. Romantic/Thoughtful. I was at the grocery store on my way home and saw a guy by the ice cream - holding a dozen roses. Made my night :) It makes me so happy to see love in the air, and to think of the thrilled and lucky lady to get those flowers later :) Those little things mean a lot to us! (And I'm not totally crazy about ice cream, but if that was going to her too, well - yummy stuff definitely gives points ;))
  2. Trust - both ways. Someone I can tell anything to and expect the same in return. Feelings, thoughts, big and little things - from the death of a family member to the simple daily routine. I want to share it all. Nothing's too small when I really care. Promise. Trust is also important in just being ourselves - in being, again, comfortable - and not embarrassed.
  3. Loves other people. Christlike :) Someone who's willing to reach out to total strangers. Who forgives and understands and feels charity: the love of our Savior.
  4. A leader. Who can stand strong for what he believes in, what he knows is right, and against the odds he comes to face. Someone other people can trust. I'm more than happy to be a support - not just someone who tags along. Like I've said - partners. But I don't want to be the strongest one all the time - or the one who always calls the shots. Should be a 50/50 thing :)
  5. Cuddly ;) Fact - physical contact breaks my bubble. It comforts me. I like it! I love the kind of guy who can sneak up on me just to hug me. Or the one who thinks to hold my hand, even when there isn't really a reason to. Or the one who's just content to hold me - whether we're talking or not. Sometimes the silent moments are so, so meaningful and special :)
  6. Chooses the light. I mentioned this before, but it's big enough to have its own place on the list. There is light and there is dark. The dark naturally seems easier, and is therefore appealing - but it's not the right path. He needs to be able to discern what is right and what is wrong and then choose the light. That choice changes everything about life - be it good or bad. If you choose the light, and you know you've chosen it, other decisions don't take so much debate. You already know. And I need someone who knows. I need someone who wants light in their life and is willing to make that happen - despite all risks and hard times. It's so worth it.
And that's basically what's on the main list! I'm gonna hit the hay now, but I'll get to X soon - promise! Now I just have to dream about that talk on Forgiveness I'm giving tomorrow ... Hmm.

Bonnie Gwyn

3 comments:

  1. Number one has to be the most important. If people would all just be honest it may hurt for a few months, but then the world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit upon some very good points here. If you are not compatible in your core values, you are in for a rocky ride indeed!

    ReplyDelete