N is for Nightmare
The two men were coming towards us - one with gun in hand - and I had no idea what to do. I was scared. I had my friend with me and felt the need to protect her. But what could I do to change this situation?
Our attacker's pistol was getting closer every minute. I had to think fast. But maybe I thought too fast. I kicked the gun from his hand and took it into my own, feeling a little more courage. I then had the guts to hit him over the head with it. But it didn't do anything. He just stood there. And then, laughing at me, he said - as if it explained everything, "That gun's an alto."
Gun ... danger. Alto ... that's musical. I don't see the connection. (Evidently being an alto means you're weak? ;) Kidding!) Weird. But! My random mind isn't what I'm aiming at. Haha (Most of what happens in my dreams doesn't make sense..) The point is, my friend and I were being chased by these druggies/mob men and our lives were at stake.
I hit him again - and again - until he finally fell, and we raced down the aisle. (We were in a grocery store, by the way ... frozen food section.) Why his buddy didn't do something, I have no idea, but he was coming after us the minute we left. So ... what did I do?
I called 911. I begged to know what to do and pleaded for a rescue. I tried to keep my cool while I was doing so (somebody had to), but ... still, I was freaked out.
Calling 911 is what I want to talk about here. Not necessarily the police or whatever, but more how each of us can have a personal 911. What do we do when we feel troubled? When things aren't going right and we need a rescue? When we're just not sure how to progress or save ourselves? Who or what do we call on?
I call on the Lord <3 And that's how it should be. Saying a prayer is just as easy as dialing three numbers - if not more so. We just have to do it. Letting the Spirit guide us in bad situations is so important.
In my nightmare, I was being chased by killers, and I trusted those who are trained to protect us. When it comes to spirituality, we have protection too - and we need to trust that protection even more than we'd trust 911.
Trust in the Lord. Call on Him. He will not fail you. And if it ever feels like he has ... remember - Footprints in the Sand.
![]() |
| One of the truest things ever :) Human: God, please protect me. *Hit by stone* Human: Why God? Why!? Jesus: I'm sorry, did I miss one? Are you alright? |
He loves us so much. Never forget it.
Bonnie Gwyn

Love the comic so true.
ReplyDeleteIt really is!
DeleteGreat post! :) I'm a new follower from the A to Z challenge. Nice to meet you! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a really nice comic! I enjoyed reading this post very much.
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com
What a wonderful cartoon! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the A-Z Challenge. What a nightmare! Glad it all turned out okay and hope you got some sleep!!
ReplyDeleteGosh! That was a nightmare! Happy everything turned out Ok! :)
ReplyDelete