Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A-Z 2013 Day Nine: Inspiring Influence

I is for Inspiring Influence

There are so many inspirations to be found in life: nature, religion, stories, experiences - and people. Countless people inspire me by simply existing. I often think it's hard to find genuinely good people anywhere. But lately, I've realized that I'm surrounded by them. And I'm so grateful - for each and every one of you!

They say that someone is always watching. No matter what we're doing or who we acknowledge - at least one pair of eyes is probably on us. Scary, huh? But really, to quote a dear leader of mine, "It's an awesome responsibility." She's right.

Each of us, in our own little way, have that awesomeness in common. It's called influence. And it's up to us to make our influence a good one.

I've lost count of the times when someone's told me I influenced them - when I didn't even know about it. It's funny what we can do without thinking. It's also funny what we don't always see in ourselves - when it's all so clear to everyone else.

Just think about it, though. We can all influence - through what we do, say, believe, or simply the energy we share with others. To quote Elaine S. Dalton: "One righteous young woman (or young man), led by the Spirit, can change the world."

So ... change the world! :)

Bonnie Gwyn

3 comments:

  1. It's almost scary to think about how much influence we have without even realizing it. Awesome really is a better word for it, but scary still seems fitting ;) And it's super important to remember there's always someone watching. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, it's a shame that some folks are influenced in a negative way vs a positive way. A-Z

    ReplyDelete