And by the way, Happy April Fools'! Can I tell you guys a secret? ... Google Nose had me sniffing my screen like a total idiot ;) But that's just between you and me. I have to keep some image of dignity.
A is for Angels
When you hear the word angel, what do you think of? Heavenly beings? White, feathered wings? Perhaps a halo, a harp, or a choir in the clouds?
All of these things are beautiful. But do you know what I think?
I think that so often, it's the people around us - family, dear friends, or even strangers - who are truly angels <3 Recently, life's gotten hard on many levels for me - but the harder it's gotten, the more those around me have stepped up to support and lend a hand - or a shoulder to comfort my tears. Even when I didn't realize what I needed - they did. Sometimes it came from the least expected - and other times from the ones who'd been there all along. And it's opened my eyes :)
Many times, we take for granted the people who are always there - and that's exactly what I don't want to do.
I want to thank all of you - from the bottom of my heart - for being there. Every kind word, every smile, every little thing that's helped me laugh - those are the things that keep me going. And I am so grateful :) I know I get crabby and probably appear very ungrateful at times. But really - thank you.
As we start this new month, I want to invite all of you to take a look at those around you - recognize your own angels, and see if there isn't a way you too can be an angel to them.
God bless!
Bonnie Gwyn
Welcome to the challenge! What a sweet post. I agree, it's the people around us. what's more, I've found that it's in the really hard times that we find out just who really cares. I've found on a couple of occasions, that the people who stepped up or reached out weren't the ones I would have expected. It was kind of eye-opening.
ReplyDeleteHappy blogging. (And I love your Victorianesque background!)
Happy blogging, see you again on the A to Z trail.
ReplyDeleteHello fellow Angel topic poster!
ReplyDeletePopped in from AtoZ.
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com
Ah, such a lovely 1st post :) I'm a slacker too and also why I signed up for the challenge! Totally agree about the angels around us and the one within us. Very nice indeed, keep it up and all the best for the challenge.
ReplyDeleteWhat a heart felt post and so true. Well Done.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the challenge.