J is for Just Believe :)
To quote Jeffrey R. Holland's talk in our most recent LDS General Conference (Which I loved):
A 14-year-old boy recently said to me a little hesitantly, “Brother Holland, I can’t say yet that I know the Church is true, but I believe it is.” I hugged that boy until his eyes bulged out. I told him with all the fervor of my soul that belief is a precious word, an even more precious act, and he need never apologize for “only believing.” I told him that Christ Himself said, “Be not afraid, only believe.”To start at only 'belief' isn't weak or insincere. We all build our foundations one step at a time, and that's okay :) Elder Holland counseled us to begin our quests for faith by being true to the faith we already have - and not to focus on what we don't have yet.
Stand strong. Life is full of questions, but (to quote Holland once more) "Don’t let those questions stand in the way of faith working its miracle."
"Faith is an actual force we can plug into to make things happen." It's not just a word - or an excuse for hope. It's real. It's there. We just need to call on it. That's not always easy - for many, it's far from. But it's worth it. Our Heavenly Father and His Son love us beyond comprehension. Christ has already come and died for us. Who deserves our belief more than Him?
You can find Elder Holland's talk here :) He's amazing!
Bonnie Gwyn
I LOVED that talk! That quote was my favorite part of General Conference.
ReplyDeleteMine too! :)
DeleteGreat post and talk! :)
ReplyDelete